Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Grand Theft Auto 4

So far I've been playing GTA 4 for a few days. I find that I like this game better than the others.
The graphics are amazing even though I don't have a high def. TV. The only thing was is that when I popped in the game it was so dark I couldn't see anything, but thankfully under pause and then display- I was able to use Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation to make it so that I could actually see the game.
I'm still not happy with the text on the game. When I get a text message, or a phone call from someone, or a little hint box appears in the top left corner- I can't read it. I'm not sure if this is because I don't have a hdtv, or if it's because my tv is just so small- all I know is that I'm not happy with it.

CARS:
I love the way the cars are in this one. When you crash into something, the car dents as if you ACTUALLY hit something! I think how you turn on and off the radio is nice as well, you don't have to flip through a million stations just to find the 'off' station, you just hold down the left arrow and it turns off, leaving the radio at the same station that you'd left it on.
I think it's kinda neat that if you're speeding and crash, you get thrown from the car. But I must say that this isn't always cool, especially if you're running from the police.
I found it very amusing that we can get into locked cars by breaking the windows and hot-wireing them.
One thing I don't like about the cars is that when you try and take off, it's slow. I'm used to games where car's take off and go really fast. I noticed that the cars fishtail a lot, and when you try and take a corner (even at lower speeds) you normally crash. Another thing is that when you go to break, it takes forever to come to a stop. I don't enjoy that.

POLICE:
I like how you avoid the police in this game. Driving out of the flashing area is nice. Not much of a challenge, but that's good.
It is hard to tell the police from regular people sometimes on the streets, their uniforms blend in with the crowd. I suppose that is like that for a reason, but even still...I would like to know where a cop is so that I can snag a car.
The computer in the police car is really cool and I'm not only glad that they installed that feature, but that it's actually put to use.

GIRLS:
I like the girls in this game much more that I do in the others. They are more realistic and attractive. The strip club is amusing and more like a real one at this point. You can't go on stage, you can't touch the girls, and you can't even peep outback in their dressing room.
The strip dance could be a little better, I'd like to be able to angle the camera and looked at them from behind or from the other side of Niko. Other than that, no complaints.
When picking up hookers, I noticed that they normally only hang out under bridges and down roads that most cars don't drive through. This game, instead of them walking up to you, you honk your horn for them.
I'm glad that I don't have to go off into the middle of nowhere to have 'relations' with a girl, rather, I can be closer to people than the other games. I'm sure many people complain about the sexual scenes in the car, but I've always wanted the sexual scenes to be shown because it adds an extra touch to the game. If you don't like it, don't play it, it's rated M for a reason.
First girlfriend, Michele. I don't like her, I want to shove her off a bridge. Back to sex- it's totally lame with her. She yells weird things, and they don't even show it. Niko is too quiet and if he's saying anything at all, her weird yelling is drowning it out. If they show sex with the hookers why don't they show sex with Niko and Michele? Just an FYI this is odd writing about sex with Niko and Michele- Niko is my best friends name and Michele is my mothers name. Then when Niko had to chase down a guy named Ivan it got weirder. Ivan is my best friend, Nikos brother.

JACOB:
I can't understand a damned word he's saying! Normally, I'm pretty good with dialect and accents...But I just can't understand this man.
So, unfortunately, I found myself turning on the Subtitles.

MISSION- BLOW YOUR COVER:
I was not happy with this mission. It took me 5 tries to get it right, and even still, when I tried to evade the police I couldn't for a long time. I realized after 3 times of dying that I had to go to the ammo place, get some armor and then continue with the mission. Once on the roof, I refilled with life and armor but then, I died as I tried to escape the building. On the 5th time, I didn't waste my armor and I actually made it out of the building and into a car with some life left. I wasn't even in the red!!! Finally I was able to proceed to the 2nd island with Playboy X.

So, just as I start to get used to the first island, I move on over to the 2nd and have to get used to that one as well. I hope that my missions for the next 3rd of the game are just as easy as the missions for the first 3rd.

I'll be back with updates very soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive